IT’S HERE! IT’S HERE! IT’S FINALLY HERE!!
Sorry it’s being posted so late but getting the video up was a lot harder than I thought. I won’t bore you with the details but here you go from beginning to end. Also once you finish watching the video, kudos to you for listening to my annoying voice for those 22mins.
Sorry for the poor quality, due to a lack of space. This was the only size and quality that it allowed me to save :(Things I may have failed to mention in the video:
- When ironing, make sure that your stencil is shiny side down! Surprised I failed to mention that.
- When pulling off your stencils after its fully dry, don’t forget to pull off the centers from your cutouts.
- Even though I am blasting my hairdryer super close it was on the lowest cool setting. Obviously if it was on hot I’d probably melt the paint :/. Either way I’m not a big fan of using the hairdryer.
- if you’re reading the back of the paint bottle, it says to wash clothing prior to painting. I didn’t but if you want to feel free to
- the original printed stencil isn’t the same as the one I used when tracing. Before you print and cut your layers in Photoshop, drop the merged image a bit below the horizontal line. Just make sure bits of the stripes are below that line. It’ll make lining up SOOOO much easier!
- if the timing for painting was confusing here it is:
1 coat, dry 4 hours, peel stencil
or if doing 2 coats
1 coat, dry 4 hours, 1 coat, dry 4 hours, peel stencil
- I spelled Xacto knife Exacto Knife (haha fail)
- maybe because my paint wasn’t fully dried but when I pulled my stencil it also pulled a bit of the paint which I wasn’t too happy about :/ also the L490 in the back was brushed on to give it a smoother finish than stamped like it was in the front. The black doesn’t need to be stamped it goes on smooth no matter how you put it on.
Also here is the link for the zebratriad.psd file:
And here is a link for the Futura Font:
FONT LINK http://fontsgeek.com/fonts/Futura-Md-BT-Bold
HOW TO ADD IT TO YOUR FONT LIBRARY IN MICROSOFT:
- UNZIP FILE
- OPEN CONTROL PANEL
- OPEN FONTS FOLDER
- COPY AND PASTE THE FONT FILE INTO THE FOLDER
- OPEN UP PHOTOSHOP
- CLICK THE TYPE TOOL AND SEARCH FOR YOUR FONT IN THE DROPDOWN MENU
If you have any questions about the process just send them on over to my ask box and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
I’ve just started writing up and shooting photos and video for the making of the “Fate Is Coming” shirt..
Hopefully I should get it done in the next few days and have it up for yah. I can’t wait to see all the creations you guys will come up with after you learn the basic “how to”.
Thanks for your patience :)